Marrakesh to Essaouira Day Trip :
This is one day trip to Essaouira from Marrakesh, which was founded by the Portuguese in the 18th century. Although Essaouira (then called Mogador) was home to a series of forts beginning in the 15th century, it was only in the 1760s that the town, then called Mogador, was established and the walls were constructed. The town’s blend of Moroccan and French architecture is due to the fact that a French captive architect, Theodore Cornut, designed it under the orders of the Sultan Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdullah.
In the 19th century, Mogador was the only port (outside of Tangier) that was open to European trade. This protected trade status attracted British merchants, who settled in the Kasbah and a large Jewish community. The town went into decline during the beginning of the 20th century as the French protectorate favored Casablanca and the Jewish community left. However, thanks to tourism (Gnawas Festival) and its fishing port, it is again on an upward swing.
The Berber name means the wall, a reference to the fortress walls that originally enclosed the city. With its Norfolk Island pines and colorful fishing boats, relaxed Essaouira is a gem. Get acquainted with the town's fascinating history on a guided walking tour. Here you might get small boats and sail for 7 km to Jimmy Hendricks Island where he used to stay for a long time to get the inspiration for many of his famous songs like Isabella and Spanish Castle Magic according outside of the breeding season of birds.
Then enjoy free time to wander along the beach, visit art galleries or feast on freshly caught seafood. After enjoying the seafood lunch we drive back to Marrakesh for about 3 hours.
Marrakesh to Essaouira Day Trip, Prices:
|Number of Persons||Price in Dirham||Price in Euro|
|2||770 per person||70|
|3||660 per person||60|
|4+||495 per person||45|
Essaouira Day Trip, What's Included:
- A/C 4x4 Vehicle Toyota Land Cruiser with fuel (6 Seats + Driver)
- English speaking driver
Why book Essaouira Day Tour with us:
- Save time and money! - Our prices are the lowest available
- Book your Essaouira Day trip from Marrakesh with a local Specialist
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are guaranteed
- You will be collected from your hotel and drop off at your hotel after the tour
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are private
- Assistance and availability on site 24/24h
- Our prices are fixed, No hidden fees
- Payment of the deposit to confirm the booking and the remaining balance at the start of the tour
- Payment Methods such as PayPal, Credit Cards, Wire Transfer, Moneybookers etc ...
Essaouira Day Trip: Photos
Infinite Morocco is a division of Ouarzazate Unlimited Travel & Tours Company. Ouarzazate Unlimited owns and operates this site and handles all bookings and tours booked through www.infinite-morocco.com, Welcome to Morocco with Ouarzazate Unlimited