Marrakech to Erg Chebbi 3 Days / 2 Nights Short Desert Trip:
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges
We depart at 08:00 from Marrakech to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas Mountains Tizi n'Tichka pass. We will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets, and break for coffee or mint tea. Afterwards, we will visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. This Berber Kasbahs which has been used as a very important destination for international filmmakers for more than 20 films,was also one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road where caravans brought slaves, gold, ivory, salt and silk from sub-Saharan countries to Marrakech and beyond. We'll pass through Ouarzazate, and valley of roses where the locals make different products from the Persian rose. From there we follow our way towards Dades valley and gorges. Dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 2: Dades Valley - Todgha Gorges - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi)
After breakfast, we first leave Dades to Todra gorges, one of the most beautiful and impressive canyons in Morocco. We then head towards Merzouga area where the Erg Chebbi sand sea dunes through the arid landscapes and along many oases and palm grooves. We pass Erfoud or what we call the capital of fossils as it's very known for it's fossil factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rocks of the surounding Mountains. Then we'll head for the Erg Chebbi dunes. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere. When we arrive to our auberge (Inn) you meet your camel guide and ride into the bivouac (Tented Berber Camp) under the evening stars shining brilliantly in the clear night sky. Climb the dunes and watch the moon rise before retiring to your bed in a nomad tent.
Day 3: Merzouga - Tazarine - Agdez - Marrakech
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes and breakfast, you ride back your camels to the auberge. A shrot time for shower we leave to Marrakech on a differnt different road for the first 350 km.We pass through Alnif, N'kob, where we will stop for lunch. We drive through many Saharan small Berber villages before we pass Tazarine or what we call the capital of Henna. as far we will cross the Draa Valley one of the biggest valleys in Morocco, big with it's huge member of palm trees and bigger with it's history as well. Since it's was the starting point of many dynasties that ruled Morocco for centuries, like Almoravids and Saadians. We stop for coffee and Toilets in Agdez, a small Berber village in the middle of the Anti Atlas Mounatins. We pass again Ouarzazate before heading up to Marrakesh. End of this trip.
Marrakech to Merzouga 3D/2N Sahara Trip Prices:
|Price Per Person in MAD|
|Plus 4 Persons||2650|
Marrakech to Erg Chebbi Short Sahara 3D/2N Tour, What's Included?
- Transportation in private licensed 4WD or Minibus with A/C, fuel throughout the tour
- English speaking driver
- Accommodations in typical Moroccan hotels, Kasbahs, Riads and Inns with Ensuite rooms, air conditioning/heating
- Half Board - 2 meals each day Dinner & Breakfast, (Vegetarians are welcome)
- Possibility to upgrade accommodations category with exta cost
- Swimming stops (April to September), we select hotels that have a swming pool facility for this period
- Walks & Explorations for example in Ait Benhaddou & Gorges
- Night at Erg Chebbi desert dune in a nomad tented camp (possibility to upgrade to Luxury camp)
- Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking tour at sunset
- Local Taxes
3 Days Erg Chebbi Tour Highlights
- High Atlas Mountains
- Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs (UNESCO)
- Ouarzazate Kasbahs & Cinema Studios
- Dades Valley & Berber Villages
- Todgha Gorges & Canyons
- Erg Chebbi Dunes & Camel trek
- Oases, Souks, Extended Walks
Our Desert Tours
Member No: 43055
Member No: 11238