Marrakech to Fez 4D/3N Desert Trip & Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking:
Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate
Depart at 08:00 from Marrakesh to Ouarzazate via the High Atlas mountains Tizi n'Tichka pass. Throughout the high Atlas Mountains we will have time to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes and Berber hamlets, and break for coffee and mint tea. In the afternoon we will get the chance the visit the universal Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou Kasbah as it has been named by UNESCO in 1987. This Berber Kasbahs which has been used as a very important destination for international filmmakers for more than 20 films, was also one of the most important fortress strongholds on the old Salt Road where caravans brought slaves, gold, ivory, salt and silk from sub-Saharan countries to Marrakesh and beyond. We'll pass through Ouarzazate, or what we call Hollywood of Africa since it's has been as well a very famous destination for filmmakers. Here you will get the chance to visit many filmmaking studios. Here we spend the night.
Day 2: Ouarzazate - Dades Valley - Todgha Gorges
From Ouarzazate We drive towards Todgha gorges but before we drive along the Valley of Roses, here you can get the chance to visit a rose factory to see how those locals make different products from the Persian rose. When we arrive to Todgha Gorges you will figure out how beautiful and impressive canyons we have here in Morocco. This is what make them a serious place for half and full day trekking trips and interesting canyons for serious rock climbers. We spend the night in Todgha gorges or upper in a Berber village.
Day 3: Todgha Gorges - Erfoud - Rissani - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi)
From Todgha gorges we head towards Merzouga through arid landscapes and along many oases of palm grooves. We pass Erfoud or what we call the capital of fossils as it's very known with it's fossil's factories where they make beautiful shapes and pieces from rock of mountains. Then we'll head for the Erg Chebbi sand sea. We continue deeper into the desert landscape, until dunes appear in the middle of nowhere. When we arrive to our auberge you meet your camel guide and ride into the bivouac (camp).under the evening stars shining brilliantly in the clear night sky. Climb the dunes and watch the moon rise before retiring to your bed in a nomad tent.
Day 4: Merzouga - Ziz valley - Midelt - Fez
After enjoying the amazing sunrise among the sand dunes, you ride back your camels back to the auberge. After having breakfast and shower we drive along a different road. We drive towards Fez. We stop on the road to enjoy tea with a nomadic family before we passing through the High Atlas Mountains again. We stop by a town called Midelt where we'll have lunch. This town is a very impressive mountain city at 1488 meters of altitude, well situated lower down the Jbel Ayachi (3737 m). In the afternoon we'll continue to the legendary city of Fez. Arrival to Fez is the end of the trip.
Marrakech to Fes 4D/3N Sahara Tour Prices:
|Price Per Person in MAD|
|Plus 4 Persons||3600|
Marrakech to Fez 4D/3N Sahara Tour, What's Included?
- Transportation in private licensed 4WD or Minibus with A/C, fuel throughout the tour
- English speaking driver
- Accommodations in typical Moroccan hotels, Kasbahs, Riads and Inns with Ensuite rooms, air conditioning/heating
- Half Board - 2 meals each day Dinner & Breakfast, (Vegetarians are welcome)
- Possibility to upgrade accommodations category with exta cost
- Swimming stops (April to September), we select hotels that have a swming pool facility for this period
- Walks & Explorations for example in Ait Benhaddou & Gorges
- Night at Erg Chebbi desert dune in a nomad tented camp (possibility to upgrade to Luxury camp)
- Erg Chebbi Camel Trekking tour at sunset
- Local Taxes
4 Days Fes Tour Highlights
- High Atlas Mountains & Tichka Pass
- Telouet Kasbah & Glaoui Palace
- Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs (UNESCO)
- Ouarzazate Kasbahs & Cinema Studios
- Dades Gorges & Roses Valley
- Todgha Gorges & Canyons
- Erg Chebbi Dunes & Camel trek
- Ziz Valley & Cedar Forest
- Oases, Souks and Extended Walks
Our Desert Tours
Member No: 43055
Member No: 11238