Essaouira Day Trip:
The private Marrakech to Essaouira day trip runs on a daily basis, you will be collected from your hotel or riad at 8 am. This is one day trip to Essaouira; the city which was founded by the Portuguese in the 18th century; is the best destination for water sports in the coastal line that is close to Marrakech. Although Essaouira (then called Mogador) was home to a series of forts beginning in the 15th century, it was only in the 1760s that the town, then called Mogador, was established and the walls were constructed. The town’s blend of Moroccan and French architecture is due to the fact that a French captive architect, Theodore Cornut, designed it under the orders of the Sultan Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdullah.
In the 19th century, Mogador was the only port (outside of Tangier) that was open to European trade. This protected trade status attracted British merchants, who settled in the Kasbah and a large Jewish community. The town went into decline during the beginning of the 20th century as the French protectorate favored Casablanca and the Jewish community left. However, thanks to tourism (Gnawas Festival) and its fishing port, the numerous flights connecting its airport and some European capitals, it is again on an upward swing.
The Berber name means the wall, a reference to the fortress walls that originally enclosed the city. With its Norfolk Island pines and colorful fishing boats, relaxed Essaouira is a gem. Get acquainted with the town’s fascinating history on a guided walking tour. Here you might get small boats and sail for 7 km to Jimmy Hendricks Island where he used to stay for a long time to get the inspiration for many of his famous songs like Isabella and Spanish Castle Magic according to the outside of the breeding season of birds.
Then enjoy free time to wander along the beach, visit art galleries or feast on freshly caught seafood. After enjoying the seafood lunch you drive back to Marrakesh for about 3 hours. The end of your day tour to Essaouira.
Why book Marrakech to Essaouira day tour with us?
- Save time and money! – Our prices are the lowest available
- Book your Essaouira Day trip from Marrakesh with a local Specialist
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are guaranteed
- You will be collected from your hotel and drop off at your hotel after the tour
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are private
- Assistance and availability on site 24/24h
- Our prices are fixed, No hidden fees
- Payment of the deposit to confirm the booking and the remaining balance at the start of the tour
- Payment Methods such as PayPal, Credit Cards, Bank Transfer etc …
|Number of Persons||Price in Dirham||Price in Euro|
|2||850 per person||80|
|3||700 per person||65|
|+4||580 per person||55|
Essaouira Day Trip, What′s Included?
- A/C licensed vehicle Minibus or SUV with fuel
- English speaking driver