Welcome to Morocco in May, a captivating country in North Africa known for its rich culture, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality. May is a fantastic time to visit Morocco, as it offers travelers a taste of early summer with pleasant weather and blooming landscapes. With a wide range of exciting experiences, Morocco in May is an excellent choice for your vacation. May is for many people, the best time to visit Morocco.
May weather in Morocco
What to Visit in Morocco in May depends in many factors, and Morocco weather in May brings the full arrival of spring:
- Marrakech: May offers warm and pleasant temperatures, with daytime highs around 28°C (82°F) and comfortable evenings. It’s an ideal time to explore the city’s historic medina and lush gardens in their full spring glory.
- Fes: Fes experiences pleasantly warm temperatures, averaging around 23°C (73°F). It’s an excellent time to wander through Fes’ ancient streets and visit its renowned medina.
- Sahara Desert: May is perfect for desert adventures, with temperatures reaching around 32°C (90°F). Enjoy camel treks and camping under the desert stars.
- Coastal Cities: Coastal cities like Casablanca and Essaouira have pleasant temperatures, making them great destinations for a beach getaway or watersports.
- High Atlas Mountains: The mountains offer great conditions for hiking and outdoor activities as spring continues to flourish.
May is generally a dry month in Morocco, allowing you to make the most of outdoor activities and exploration.
May Morocco weather chart
Weather table for May in the top 10 Moroccan cities, including high and low temperatures in both degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit, along with the average rainfall for the month.
|High Temperature (°C)
|High Temperature (°F)
|Low Temperature (°C)
|Low Temperature (°F)
|Average Rainfall (mm)
Please note that these are approximate values, and actual weather conditions may vary. May is a pleasant time to visit Morocco, with warm temperatures and relatively low rainfall in most areas. It’s advisable to check the latest weather forecasts when planning your visit to these Moroccan cities in May.
Moroccan Weather Temperature Charts
Top Places to Visit Morocco in May
- Marrakech: Explore the vibrant souks, visit historical sites like the Bahia Palace, and enjoy the city’s lush gardens in full bloom.
- Fes: Dive into the medieval charm of the Fes medina, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and visit the Bou Inania Madrasa.
- Sahara Desert: Take a camel trek into the dunes of Erg Chebbi or Erg Chigaga and experience the magic of the desert under the warm May sun.
- Essaouira: Enjoy the coastal charm, stroll along the beach, and savor fresh seafood in this picturesque coastal town.
- Atlas Mountains: Go hiking, visit traditional Berber villages, and immerse yourself in the stunning springtime scenery.
May also marks the beginning of the annual Rose Festival in El Kelaa M’Gouna, where the fragrance of roses fills the air, and locals celebrate the rose harvest.
Activities and Experiences
- Cultural Tours: Explore the rich history and traditions of Morocco through guided tours of ancient cities and historical landmarks.
- Desert Adventures: Embark on thrilling desert safaris, ride camels, and stay in traditional desert camps.
- Culinary Delights: Savor Moroccan cuisine, including tagines, couscous, and mint tea, in outdoor settings.
- Outdoor Exploration: Enjoy hiking, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities surrounded by the vibrant colors of spring.
When you visit Morocco in May, you can immerse yourself in the Rose Festival in El Kelaa M’Gouna. This unique event celebrates the rose harvest with parades, music, and the creation of rose-infused products.
- Rose Festival (Kelaat M’Gouna) – Celebrating the rose harvest.
- Fes Festival of World Sacred Music – Featuring world music and spiritual performances.
Travel Tips for May
- Light Clothing: Pack light, breathable clothing for the warm May weather.
- Sun Protection: Ensure you have sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the strong sun.
- Book Accommodation in Advance: Popular destinations can get busy in May, so it’s advisable to book your accommodations early.
- Experience the Rose Festival: Don’t miss the chance to witness the fragrant and colorful spectacle of the Rose Festival in El Kelaa M’Gouna.
Accommodation and Dining
Morocco offers a wide range of accommodations, from riads (traditional guesthouses) to luxury hotels. In May, you can enjoy outdoor dining in the pleasant weather. Don’t miss the chance to dine on Moroccan specialties like tagine and couscous in local restaurants for an authentic culinary experience.
Morocco in May offers a vibrant and colorful experience with warm weather, cultural celebrations, and the beauty of spring in full bloom. Whether you’re exploring historic cities, adventuring in the desert, or enjoying the coastal breeze, this is an excellent time to immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of Morocco. Start planning your unforgettable journey to Morocco in May today!