Welcome to Morocco in November, a captivating country in North Africa known for its rich culture, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality. November is a delightful time to visit Morocco, offering mild autumn weather, fewer tourists, and unique cultural experiences. With a variety of attractions and activities, Morocco in November is an excellent choice for your vacation. November is for many people, the best time to visit Morocco.
November weather in Morocco
What to Visit in Morocco in November depends in many factors, and Morocco weather in November is characterized by mild and comfortable temperatures:
- Marrakech: November brings daytime highs around 21°C (70°F) and cooler evenings. It’s an ideal time to explore the city’s historic medina, gardens, and vibrant markets without the summer heat.
- Fes: Fes experiences mild temperatures, averaging around 18°C (64°F). It’s an excellent time to wander through Fes’ ancient streets and visit its renowned medina.
- Sahara Desert: Days in the Sahara Desert are pleasantly warm, with temperatures around 25°C (77°F), making it a perfect time for desert adventures and camel treks.
- Coastal Cities: Coastal cities like Casablanca and Essaouira have mild temperatures, providing an enjoyable beach getaway.
- High Atlas Mountains: The mountains offer ideal conditions for hiking and outdoor activities, and you can witness the autumn colors.
November typically has minimal rainfall, making it a great time to explore outdoor attractions.
November Morocco weather chart
Weather table for November in the top 10 Moroccan cities, including high and low temperatures in both degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit, along with the average rainfall for the month.
|High Temperature (°C)
|High Temperature (°F)
|Low Temperature (°C)
|Low Temperature (°F)
|Average Rainfall (mm)
November is a cooler month in Morocco, with increasing rainfall in many areas. It’s advisable to check the latest weather forecasts when planning your visit to these Moroccan cities in November.
Moroccan Weather Temperature Charts
Top Places to Visit Morocco in November
- Marrakech: Explore the vibrant souks, visit historical sites like the Bahia Palace, and enjoy cultural events and festivals.
- Fes: Dive into the medieval charm of the Fes medina, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore at your leisure in the pleasant November weather.
- Sahara Desert: Take a camel trek into the dunes of Erg Chebbi or Erg Chigaga and experience the magic of the desert without extreme heat.
- Essaouira: Enjoy the coastal charm, relax on the beach, and indulge in water sports or leisurely strolls.
- High Atlas Mountains: Go hiking, visit traditional Berber villages, and witness the autumn foliage.
November also marks the start of the Date Festival in Erfoud, where locals celebrate the harvest with traditional music, dance, and delicious dates.
Activities and Experiences
- Cultural Festivals: Attend the Date Festival in Erfoud and other cultural events and festivals.
- Desert Adventures: Explore the Sahara Desert, take part in camel treks, and enjoy the pleasant desert climate.
- Beach Relaxation: Enjoy the coastal atmosphere and water activities in Essaouira.
- Mountain Retreats: Explore the High Atlas Mountains, where you can engage in outdoor activities amidst the autumn scenery.
When you visit Morocco in November, you can immerse yourself in the Date Festival in Erfoud, a vibrant celebration of the date harvest with traditional music, dance performances, and culinary delights.
- Eid al-Adha – Islamic festival of sacrifice, celebrated nationwide.
- Moroccan Independence Day (November 18th) – Celebrating independence from France.
Travel Tips for November
- Moderate Clothing: Pack moderate clothing for the pleasant November weather.
- Sun Protection: Continue to use sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Hiking Gear: If you plan to explore the mountains, bring suitable hiking gear for outdoor activities.
- Experience the Date Festival: Don’t miss the opportunity to attend the Date Festival in Erfoud for a unique cultural experience.
Accommodation and Dining
Morocco offers a wide range of accommodations, from riads (traditional guesthouses) to luxury hotels. In November, enjoy outdoor dining and savor Moroccan specialties like tagine and couscous in local restaurants. Coastal cities are known for their fresh seafood dishes.
Morocco in November offers a perfect blend of mild weather, cultural celebrations, and a variety of outdoor and indoor activities. Whether you’re exploring historic cities, embarking on desert adventures, or enjoying the coastal breeze, this is an excellent time to immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of Morocco. Start planning your unforgettable journey to Morocco in November today!