Welcome to Morocco in September, a captivating country in North Africa known for its rich culture, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality. September is a wonderful time to visit Morocco, offering pleasant weather, fewer crowds, and a unique blend of cultural experiences. With a wide range of attractions and activities, Morocco in September is an excellent choice for your vacation. September is for many people, the best time to visit Morocco.
September weather in Morocco
What to Visit in Morocco in September depends in many factors, and Morocco weather in September is characterized by milder temperatures as summer transitions into early autumn:
- Marrakech: September sees daytime highs around 32°C (90°F) and cooler evenings. It’s an ideal time to explore the city’s historic medina and gardens without the intense summer heat.
- Fes: Fes experiences comfortably warm temperatures, averaging around 28°C (82°F). It’s an excellent time to wander through Fes’ ancient streets and visit its renowned medina.
- Sahara Desert: Days in the Sahara Desert are pleasant, with temperatures around 30°C (86°F), making it perfect for desert adventures and camel treks.
- Coastal Cities: Coastal cities like Casablanca and Essaouira have mild temperatures, providing a pleasant beach getaway.
- High Atlas Mountains: The mountains offer ideal conditions for hiking and outdoor activities as the weather cools down.
September is generally dry in Morocco, with minimal rainfall, ensuring a comfortable outdoor experience.
September Morocco weather chart
Weather table for September in the top 10 Moroccan cities, including high and low temperatures in both degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit, along with the average rainfall for the month.
|High Temperature (°C)
|High Temperature (°F)
|Low Temperature (°C)
|Low Temperature (°F)
|Average Rainfall (mm)
September sees temperatures gradually cooling down from the summer heat, making it a more comfortable time to explore Morocco. Rainfall also increases in some regions during this month. Please note that these are approximate values, and actual weather conditions may vary. It’s advisable to check the latest weather forecasts when planning your visit to these Moroccan cities in September.
Moroccan Weather Temperature Charts
Top Places to Visit Morocco in September
- Marrakech: Explore the vibrant souks, visit historical sites like the Bahia Palace, and enjoy cultural events and festivals.
- Fes: Dive into the medieval charm of the Fes medina, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore at your leisure without the summer heat.
- Sahara Desert: Take a camel trek into the dunes of Erg Chebbi or Erg Chigaga and experience the magic of the desert without the extreme heat.
- Essaouira: Enjoy the coastal charm, relax on the beach, and indulge in water sports or leisurely strolls.
- High Atlas Mountains: Go hiking, visit traditional Berber villages, and enjoy the cooler mountain climate.
September is also the time for the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music, a cultural celebration featuring music and performances from around the world.
Activities and Experiences
- Cultural Festivals: Attend the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music and other cultural events and festivals.
- Desert Adventures: Explore the Sahara Desert, take part in camel treks, and enjoy the milder desert climate.
- Beach Relaxation: Enjoy the coastal atmosphere and water activities in Essaouira.
- Mountain Retreats: Explore the High Atlas Mountains, where you can engage in outdoor activities in the pleasant weather.
When you visit Morocco in September, you can immerse yourself in the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music, a unique event that celebrates music and spirituality from diverse traditions around the globe.
- Fez Festival of Sufi Culture – Focusing on Sufi traditions and spirituality.
Travel Tips for September
- Moderate Clothing: Pack moderate clothing for the pleasant but still warm September weather.
- Sun Protection: Continue to use sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Stay Hydrated: While the weather is milder, staying hydrated is still important, especially during outdoor activities.
- Experience the Fes Festival: Don’t miss the opportunity to attend the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music for a unique cultural experience.
Accommodation and Dining
Morocco offers a wide range of accommodations, from riads (traditional guesthouses) to luxury hotels. In September, enjoy outdoor dining and savor Moroccan specialties like tagine and couscous in local restaurants. Coastal cities are known for their fresh seafood dishes.
Morocco in September offers a delightful blend of pleasant weather, cultural celebrations, and a variety of outdoor and indoor activities. Whether you’re exploring historic cities, embarking on desert adventures, or enjoying the coastal breeze, this is an excellent time to immerse yourself in the beauty and culture of Morocco. Start planning your unforgettable journey to Morocco in September today!